Going on a date with your partner may sound a bit strange after you’ve been married for years so why do you have to go on a date? Going on regular dates with your partner will give you time together, away from the children or your busy schedules. And more importantly, going on a date with your spouse may rekindle a bit of romance, reminding you of why you fell in love in the first place.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take your partner to the restaurant where you had your first dinner date together, or where you proposed. It should bring back happy memories.
- Pack a picnic basket and visit a local bridge. Walk the bridge holding hands, enjoy the views then relax over a glass of wine and delicious food.
- Re-visit your makeout point in your town at night. Turn on the radio and watch the stars while you cuddle in the car.
- Send the kids out for the night. Light scented candles in your bedroom and play your wedding music in the background.
- Have a picnic in the backyard. Eat by candle light and if you are feeling particularly adventurous, make it a sleepover by pitching a tent and spending the night under the stars.
- Organize a date by doing your partners favorite pastime such as boating or fishing or take your spouse to dance lessons if that’s what they’ve always wanted to do.
- Take a class together such as cooking or home renovations.
- Nothing beats a sunrise. Set your clock and wake up your partner to take in the first part of the day. Finish the date with a sumptuous breakfast, either or at home or the local coffee shop.
- Take in some local theatre or go to the comedy club to watch the local talent. Having a good laugh together will be a great release of tension.
- Book a special hotel or resort to celebrate an anniversary or just to have some time away. Enjoy a massage or private dinner during your stay.
- Renew your wedding vows.
- Walk around your neighborhood holding hands.
- If you have a pool go for a midnight swim.
- Try an activity that neither of you have attempted before. Go ice-skating or rock-climbing.
- Take a hot air balloon ride. Don’t for get the champagne!
Anything can be classed as a date. It’s the idea of doing something together, as a couple, at a set time. Going on regular dates with your partner will keep the love in your marriage as you enjoy the precious time you have together.